- Learn to advocate for one’s rights
- Identify and process the impacts of poor blood sugar control
- Learn healthy coping strategies to deal with various diabetic problems
- Utilize coping skills to manage emotions
- Food & insulin management training
- Create daily & weekly schedules to increase self-esteem
- Identify and change negative thinking around diabetes
- Understand how your past impacts you in the present
- Comprehend and resolve emotion evoking issues from your past
- Make sense of your diabetes through self-acceptance and forgiveness
- Work out feelings of anger, sadness, guilt and shame
- Resolve childhood trauma
© 2011-2017 Eliot LeBow L.C.S.W., C.D.E., The information on this server including all images is proprietary and comprises legally protected subject matter belonging to psychotherapist Eliot LeBow, and is displayed on the basis of viewing only. All use, reproduction, and disclosure is prohibited without the prior consent of Diabetes Focused Therapist Eliot LeBow, including all registration marks: ® Diabetes Focused Psychotherapy, ® Helping People With Diabetes Thrive!, ® DiabeticTalks, ® DiabeticMinds, ® The Diabetic Diary. All rights reserved.
Office Location: 323 West 96th street, NYC • Email: email@example.com • (917) 272-4829
Psychotherapist & Diabetes Specialist : Servicing Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Long Island, Connecticut, New Jersey.